External source of recruitment bring new blood in the organisation.
The benefits / merits / advantages of using external sources of recruitment:-
- It encourages young blood with new ideas to enter the organisation.
- It offers wide scope for selection. This is because a large number of suitable candidates will come for the selection process.
- There are less chances of bias or partiality.
- Here there is no need to maintain confidential records.
The demerits / limitations of using external sources of recruitment:-
This is because advertisements, test, medical examination etc., has to be conducted.
- It is very time consuming.
This is because the selection process is very lengthy.