Amoeba shows holozoic nutrition which is comprised of Ingestion, Digestion, Absorption, Assimilation and Egestion.
- Ameoba traps food particles through finger like projections called as pseudopodia.
- Pseudopodia present outside its body and helps in taking food along with water
- Food vacuoles are made after ingesting the food.
- Enzymes are released in the food vacuole for digestion.
After digestion, nutrients enter the cytoplasm through osmosis.
Nutrients are utilized by the cell for various purposes
- Food vacuole goes near the cell membrane to empty its contents outside the cell.
- This results in expulsion of waste materials from the cell.