Neuron is highly specialized cell responsible for the transmission of nerve impulse.
- Soma or cellbody is a star shaped hair like structure Hair like structures are called as dendrites.
- Dendrites receives nerve impulses.
- Axon is the tail of the nucleus it ends in hair like structures which makes nerve endings.
- Nerve endings relay nerve impulses.
- Mylein sheath acts as an insulator around the axon.
- It insulates axons from the electrical impulses from the surroundings.
- Function of neuron is to process and transmit information from brain to all parts of the body