Following are the consequences of using fossil fuels.
- Global warming will result due to increase in the level of Carbon dioxide,
- Sulphur oxides causes acid rain.
- Burning of fossil fuels will result in accumulation of smog in big cities which will result in decreased visibility.
- Air pollution leads to health hazrds to humans and animals.
Steps to minimise the pollution caused by various sources of energy including non conventional sources of energy.
- Use of public transport.
- Use of vehicles like electric bikes and bi-cycle that can reduce air pollution.
- Adopting 3R’s policy- reduce, reuse and recycyle.