Following are the different features of a family :
• It is a universal institution which is found in each and every society.
• It is a fundamental institution which is established on the basis of impulses associated with mating, procreation and parental care.
• It has limited size which is defined by biological conditions which it be transcended.
• It exercises profound influence over its members and moulds their personalities.
• It teaches the meaning of responsibility and the need of cooperation to its members.