Following are the features of Indian tribes:
• Common habitat : Different tribes have different territorial area under which a tribal population lives.
• Common language : A particular tribe has a definite language with no script. The language might be sub-divided into a dialect according to the particular area.
• Common religion : Religion plays a major role in the lives of the tribal people. A tribal group has a common deity or totem which represents that tribal group.
• Endogamous group : All tribes practice clan exogamy and tribe endogamy, hence are endogamous groups.
• Unity : All the members of the tribe have a sense of unity. It is a self sufficient group which lends a helping hand to their members when in need.