Following are the methods of laundering a white cotton shirt.
1. Preparation: Here, you have to firstly examine the white shirt for any tears, hole, dirt particles, stain etc.
2. Steeping; Overnight soak the white shirt if it is very much dirty but if it is less dirty you can soak it for 1 hour. Do not soak the coloured garments with the white ones.
3. Washing: We know that cotton is a strong fibre and it become more stronger when it is wet. Cotton is mainly washed by scrubbing or rubbing method.
4. Rinsing: To remove the soap and other impurities rinse two or three time in clean, running tap water.
5. Starching and Blueing: Blueing is done for white cotton shirts only. Both these processes are done in a combined way to save time.
6. Drying: Shirt should be dried on hangers.
7. Ironing: Cotton fabric should be ironed properly.