Laundry procedure of all clothes are approximately same. These are the steps which we use in laundering a woollen cardigan.
• Preparation: Firstly, examine the cardigan for tears, holes and stains and treat accordingly. Trace the outline on a brown paper to ensure it shape after washing.
• Steeping: In case of very dirty cardigan, it should not be soaked for more than 5-10 minutes in cold water. Luke warm water will harm the cardigan.
• Washing: Wash the cardigan with a very gentle hand with tender kneading and squeezing method.
• Rinsing: Remove the extra soap by pressing it between flat palms and then rinse off several times in a plenty of water.
• Drying: Roll it tightly in a towel to remove the extra water. Spread flat within the outline marked for its original shape. Dry it in shade.
• Ironing/Press: Cardigan should not be ironed. If required, it must be pressed.