Aman has set up a non-government organisation (NGO) for the protection and promotion of the consumer interest.
Such organisation will perform following functions :
1. Awareness – Consumer organisations and NGOs educate the general public about consumer rights by organising training programmes, seminars and workshops.
2. Publications – Consumer organisations publish periodicals, brochures, journals etc. to impart knowledge about consumer problems, legal reporting, reliefs available etc.
3. Testing – Consumer organisations and NGOs carryout comparative testing of consumer products in laboratories and publish the test results for the benefit of consumers.
4. Legal assistance – Consumer organisations and NGOs provide legal assistance to consumers for seeking legal remedy.
5. Filing of suits – Consumer organisations file complaints in consumer courts on behalf of consumers and on their own for the interest of general public.
6. Protest – Consumer organisations and NGOs organise protests against the various mal-practices such as price rigging, adulteration, sale of hazardous products, hoarding and black marketing.