The superpowers used their military power to bring countries into their fold:
• Soviet Union used its influence in Eastern Europe backed by the large armies of countries of its alliance.
• The statement is utmost correct about the superpower as well as their alliances.
• On the other hand, the United States built alliance called SEATO and CENTO on the question of North Vietnam, North Korea and Iraq, Russia and China came closer.
• Alliances were made for the requirement of vital national resources.
• Superpowers needed territories to launch their weapons and troops. In return, they helped them in many ways.
• Economic support was another factor.