Join Sarthaks eConnect Today - Largest Online Education Community!
+2 votes
asked in Physics by (7.5k points)

2 Answers

+2 votes
answered by (9.7k points)
selected by
Best answer

Neutron absorbing control rods or neutron absorbing chemicals added to the coolant in nuclear reactor to keep the chain reaction under control.

0 votes
answered by (7.5k points)
Control Rods are used to control the chain reactions in nuclear reactor.

Welcome to Sarthaks eConnect: A unique platform where students can interact with teachers/experts/students to get solutions to their queries. Students (upto class 10+2) preparing for All Government Exams, CBSE Board Exam, ICSE Board Exam, State Board Exam, JEE (Mains+Advance) and NEET can ask questions from any subject and get quick answers by subject teachers/ experts/mentors/students.

One Thought Forever

“There is a close connection between getting up in the world and getting up in the morning.“
– Anon