1. PHP (Hypertext Pre-processor) is a one of the important server side Web and general purpose scripting language invented by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994.
2. It is very simple and lightweight open source server side scripting language.
3. It can easily embed with HTML and other client side scripting languages like CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) and Java script.
4. It also creates dynamic and interactive Webpages in the real time Web development projects
5. Web scripting languages are classified into two types, client side and server side scripting language.
6. PHP is completely different from Client side scripting language like Java script.
7. The PHP code entirely executes on Webserver which is installed in the remote machine and it is generating HTML code which is sent to the user.
8. The user receives the HTML code and sees the Website contents via Internet browser in their computer or laptop.
9. PHP also supports OOPs (Object Oriented Programing) concepts. It is applicable to implement all OOPs features such as class, object and inheritance etc. The action is shown in Figure.