Choose the most appropriate synonyms for the underlined words,
1. I am constantly filled with wonder.
2. I yanked at the zip of the bag.
3. He had always ended up in standing in an alley.
4. He tried pulling it with great consternation.
5. All the contents of the bag were extravagantly ejected.
6. The tin of tobacco rolled crazily across the concourse,
(b) locked up
7. I had gashed my finger.
8. The tobacco tin went disgorging its content.
9. I always have catastrophies when I travel.
10. The author’s wife did not show anger or exasperation.
11. He amused her with urbane bons mots.
(c) witticism/repartee jokes
12. He explained the venerable relationship between Bill and William but in vain.
13. I ache to be suave.
(d) polite / sophisticated
14. When it’s my own blood, I think hysterics is justified.
15. My hair went into panic mode.