Choose the most appropriate antonyms for the underlined words.
1. The talk was on critical situations.
(c) unimportant / trivial
2. Someone talked as if tight comers were always physical affairs.
3. He persuaded me to look in at the sale.
4. Each picture was getting tremendous sums.
(a) poor / meagre
5. I had not enough money for securities.
6. The.place was full.
(c) over flowing
7. I had to borrow five hundred pounds.
8. Then I found myself.
9. I had often been safely contributing to the hike in auction.
10. The dealer made his sensational bid.
11. The auctioneer built up the crescendo gradually.
12. There was a rustle of excitement.
13. To my horror, the red faced dealer gave no sign of life. .
14. Four thousand and fifty guineas offered.
15. There was no sound but a curious smothered noise from my friend.