Choose the most appropriate antonyms for the underlined words.
1. I was the purchaser of a picture.
2. My blood congealed.
3. My friend had left me not because of baseness.
4. He had left to find a remote place to laugh.
5. I was stunned and dazed.
(d) cool hedede
6. I handed in my card non-chalantlv.
7. I set to pondering oil the problem.
8. They talk so glibly.
9. A career of rectitude has its rewards.
(b) good behaviour
10. The rewards are beyond the mere consciousness of virtue.
11. I admitted it.
12. The staff looked prosperous
13. A genuine mistake could have been rectified.
14. Will you take fifty guineas for your bid?
15. In the best of us, there is worldly guile.
16. He became grave.
17 It is indelibly branded in letters of fire on my heart.