1. Aravalli range is the old fold mountain in India.
2. These mountains are the relies and are reduced into hills due to erosional features.
3. The Aravalli hills form the North-Western and Western boundary of the Central Highlands a sub division of Peninsular plateau.
4. These hills extends from Gujarat through Rajasthan to Delhi in the North westerly direction (700km).
5. The height of these hills is about 1500m in South west and near Delhi hardly 400m.
6. Gurushikar (1722m) is the highest peak of this range.