Tropical Evergreen Forests:
1. This types of forest is found in the areas of heavy rainfall.
2. It is dense, multilayered forest.
3. The major type of trees found in the forests are Cinnamon, Malabar ironwood kindal, jamun etc.
4. It is found in the upper slopes of Western Ghats of Tirunelveli, Kanyakumari, Nilgiris and Coimbatore districts.
Tropical Deciduous Forests:
1. It is found in the regions of sub tropical climate with moderate rainfall.
2. The trees in this forest shed their leaves during dry season.
3. The major trees are kapok, kadamba, axle wood, bamboo, dog- teak, silk cotton etc some trees are economically important.
4. It is found in the margin of semi evergreen and evergreen forests – Servarayan, Kollimalai, Pachaimalai Eastern Ghats.