Four responsibilities of consumer are-
- Survey the market before buying
- Should read all information given on label, leaflet etc before purchasing
- Should buy only what is needed
- They should read and understand all terms and conditions , especially the fine print before signing any document.( LIC, credit card)
- Buy goods with only genuine standard marks.
- Should take bill after paying taxes and file
Four rights of consumer are-
- Right to Safety-To demand safe products and be protected against all the harmful products
- Right to Choose-To choose from variety of goods
- Right to Seek Redressal-To seek justice incase of cheating
- Right to be Informed-To demand information regarding products
Two features of consumer protection act are-
- It includes both goods and services.
- Nominal fees for filing before the courts
- Timely redressal