(i) - Brilliant scientist (give example)
- he was a lawless person, he was disliked by most people, was quick tempered, burnt the house of the landlord to take a revenge on him, stole money at priest’s house, (any other trait that reveals his darker side)
- undoubtedly brilliant but his brilliance eclipsed by his negative traits.
(ii) - Mr. Weiherer was pleased that Ebright balanced academics as well as recreational pursuits (hobbies etc.);
- As a teacher, he wanted Ebright’s growth as a well-rounded personality.
(iii) -The change in Matilda’s physical appearance (comparison from what she was at the time of the minister’s ball, to current)
Competency applied for :
• Stating Minimum 2 points + justification/ explanation
• Depicting Support of / reference to textual evidence
• Applying logical progression, using appropriate linking devices (e.g. because/ besides, in order to, therefore etc.)- cohesion
• Response relevance for overall sense according to the question attempted-coherence
• Accuracy in use of grammatical structures, vocabulary and spellings
NOTE- Writing in a paragraph recommended. Just listing of points shall result in deduction of marks allotted for cohesion & coherence.