1. It deals with disputes over money property and social matters.
Eg. Disputes relating to land, rent, marriage dispute etc.,
2. A petition has to be filed before the relevant court by the affected parties.
3. Sentences awarded in the form of money remuneration and as per the petitioner’s claim.
1. It deals with conducts or acts that the law defines as offences.
Eg. Theft, murder, women harassment etc.,
2. It usually begins with lodging of an FIR (First Information Report) with police investigation after which a case is filed in the court.
3. Punishment is awarded if proven guilty, the accused is sent to jail.