Correct Answer - Option 4 : 1, 2 and 3
Coriolis component of acceleration:
- When a point on one link is sliding along another rotating link such as in the quick return motion mechanism, then the Coriolis component of acceleration comes into account.
- It is the tangential component of the acceleration of the slider with respect to the coincident point on the link.
It can be encountered in various cases such as:
1. The two points are coincident but on different links.
2. The point on one link traces a path on the other link.
3. The link that contains the path rotates.