Correct Answer - Option 4 : food business
Food Safety Training and Certification (FOSTAC) is an initiative by
FSSAI whereby food safety training is conducted for target groups in the
food business to maximize knowledge and awareness of food safety
regulations and policies to ensure food safety and hygiene.
1. It is an initiative by FSSAI.
2. It is a large-scale training and certification for food Businesses across the food value chain.
Important to be certified in food safety
- Food safety training protects your customers from health risks.
- Providing adequate food safety training to everyone who handles food in your business is essential to protecting your customers from food poisoning, allergic reactions, and other health risks that could occur from eating contaminated food.
High-Risk Food Business
High-Risk Foods are foods that have ideal conditions for bacterial growth.
Examples - Cooked meat and fish, Gravy, stock, sauces and soup,
shellfish, Cooked rice, dairy products such as milk, cream, and soya milk.
State License Food Business
This License for carrying the food business which covered under the
Authority of State Licensing-
- Wholesaler, Supplier,
- Food Processor, etc.
Central License Food Business
This License for carrying The Food business which covered under the
Authority of Central Licensing-
- Railways, Air terminal, Seaport, Defence,
- Retail chains working in at least three states.
- Dairy products
- Vegetable oil,etc.