Correct Answer - Option 1 : Article 155
The correct answer is Article 155.
- The Governor of a state is appointed by the President by warrant under his hand and seal.
- According to Article 153, there should be a governor for each state.
- But under the seventh Amendment Act 1956, the same person can be appointed as Governor of one or more states.
- He performs his duties on the advice of Council of Ministers of the respective states while discharging responsibilities of more than one state.
To be appointed as Governor, a person:
- must be a citizen of India.
- must have completed the age of 35 years.