Correct Answer - Option 4 : Heel divergence
Heel Clearance or Heel Divergence
- It is the distance between the running faces of the switches rail and the stock rail measured perpendicular to the latter at the heel of the switch.
- Indian standard specifies heel clearance for BG track as 13.7 cm – 13.9 cm.
Flange way Clearance
- The distance between the adjacent faces of the running rail and the guard or the check rails provides clearance for passage of wheel flanges.
Throw of Switch
The gap through which the toe of the gauge rail moves sideways to provide a path for the required direction over the turnout.
- Throw of switch according to Indian standard: BG = 9.5 cm, MG/NG = 8.9 cm
- The angle between the gauge face of stock rail and tongue rail.