Correct Answer - Option 3 : B
The Correct Answer is "B".
Ghulam Nabi Azad is a politician of the Indian National Congress.
- He served as the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha until 2021 February.
- He has served as the Parliamentary Affairs Minister of India in the government of former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- On 27 October 2005, he was appointed as the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Hee was nominated as the President of the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Youth Congress.
- In 1980, he was appointed as the President of the All-India Youth Congress.
- The Rajya Sabha or Council of States is the upper house of the bicameral Parliament of India.
- It currently has a maximum membership of 245, of which 233 are elected by the legislatures of the states and union territories using single transferable votes through Open Ballot while the President can appoint 12 members for their contributions to art, literature, science, and social services.
- The potential seating capacity of the Rajya Sabha is 250 (238 elected, 12 appointed), according to article 80 of the Indian Constitution.