Correct Answer - Option 2 : should be seen as opportunities to understand their thinking
Mistakes and Errors:
- When a learner can’t master a topic, he/she is vulnerable to make errors. Errors are nothing but incorrectness made by a child during learning.
- It also takes place due to the mismatch in previously assimilated and the newly accommodated knowledge.
Children’s Errors and Mistakes:
- are a significant step in the teaching-learning process.
- are necessary in the learning process to give insight into children's thinking.
- help the teacher to be aware of learners' learning styles, to cater them according to their needs.
- are considered as a part of the teaching-learning process as it helps to understand the child.
Hence, it could be concluded that mistakes and errors made by students should be seen as opportunities to understand their thinking.
Reasons for Mistakes and Errors:
- Lack of interest & knowledge
- Misunderstanding of concept
- Missing out on important points or steps
- Inability to grasp the central idea or concept
- Forgetting related previously assimilated knowledge