Inspite of all perfection, the Soviet system was full of loopholes.
• The system was bureaucratic and over-centralised making life difficult for people.
• It stifled the initiative of people due to lack of democracy and absence of freedom of speech and expression.
• Nearly all the Soviet institutions needed reforms but the strict one party control by the communist party made all the institutions unaccountable to the people.
• The Communist Party even refused to give freedom so people of 15 different republics of Soviet Union to retain and manage their own affairs including cultural affairs.
• Though Russian Federation was only one of the 15 Soviet Republics, it dominated the helm of affairs, neglecting people from other regions and making them feel oppressed.