Correct Answer - Option 1 : December 1985
The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) :
1. It was established by the Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act passed by the Parliament in December 1985.
2. The Act came into effect on 13th February 1986.
The headquarters of APEDA is located in New Delhi.
APEDA is mandated with the responsibility of export promotion and development of the following scheduled products :
- Fruits, Vegetables, and their Products.
- Meat and Meat Products.
- Poultry and Poultry Products.
- Dairy Products.
- Confectionery, Biscuits, and Bakery Products.
- Honey, Jaggery, and Sugar Products.
- Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds.
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Cereal and Cereal Products.
- Groundnuts, Peanuts, and Walnuts.
- Pickles, Papads, and Chutneys.
- Guar Gum.
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products.
- Herbal and Medicinal Plants.