Correct Answer - Option 1 : Fast-moving consumer goods
FMCG stands for Fast-Moving Consumer Goods.
1. These goods refer to the products that are sold quickly and generally non-durable.
2. It is also known as Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG).
3. FMGC products have a short life and are generally replaced or sold over a short period usually within a few days, a few weeks, and a few months.
4. Although the profit margin in FMGC products is comparatively low but
they are generally sold in large quantity thus, the cumulative profit is good.
5. Examples of FMCG products are soft drinks, processed foods, cosmetics like lip balm, eyeliner, deodorants, soaps, etc.
TOP FMCG Companies of INDIA:
1. Hindustan Unilever
3. Pidilite Industries
4. Dabur India Ltd.
6. Britannia etc
Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector is an important contributor to India’s GDP growth. Currently, the FMCG industry is the fourth largest sector in the Indian
economy and provides employment to around 3 million people