Correct Answer - Option 2 : John McCarthy
The correct answer is John McCarthy.
John McCarthy has created LISP, the Programming Language for Artificial Intelligence.
- LISP, an acronym for list processing, is a programming language that was designed for easy manipulation of data strings.
- Developed in 1959 by John McCarthy, it is a commonly used language for artificial intelligence (AI) programming.
- It is one of the oldest programming languages still in relatively wide use.
- LISP can build any abstraction at all if you can define syntax and semantics for it.
- LISP is good because it has a very minimal, simple, regular syntax.
- LISP was founded on the mathematical theory of recursive functions (in which a function appears in its own definition).
- Hence, option 2 is correct.
- Lisp is used for AI because it supports the implementation of software that computes with symbols very well.
Symbols, symbolic expressions and computing with those is at the core of Lisp.
- CYC, one of the largest software systems written.
- Representation and reasoning in the domain of human common sense knowledge.
- Python is the ideal coding language used for machine learning, NLP, and neural network connections.
- Python can be used even if you are new to AI development since it is flexible and comes with pre-existing libraries like Pandas, SciPy, and nltk.
- Python language is lauded for its simple syntax and minimal codes.