Correct Answer - Option 1 : INSAT
The correct answer is INSAT.
INSAT has performed several diverse tasks.
- INSAT is an acronym for Indian National Satellite System.
- The first Satellite was launched on 10 April 1982.
- It was India's first operational multipurpose communication and meteorology satellite.
- Various other INSAT satellites are as follows:
||Identical to INSAT-1A, It served for more
than designated life of seven years
||Still in service. A third-stage motor landed from its launch, landed in Australia in 2008.
||Launched as Arabsat 1C.
||The first satellite in the second-generation Indian-built INSAT-2 series.
Aryabhata was the first Indian satellite.
- It was launched using the Russian u-11 Interkosmos launch vehicle.
Rohini was the first Indian satellite launched using an Indian launch vehicle SLV-3.
Bhaskara-II was launched using C-1 Interkosmos.
- It provided experience in building and operating a remote-sensing satellite system on an end-to-end basis.