Correct Answer - Option 1 : Observation
Evaluation refers to a continuous process of making value judgements based on both qualitative and quantitative data collected over a period of time.
Improving teaching-learning processes is one of the main purposes of evaluation as it focuses on determining the effectiveness of the learning process to make reliable decisions about educational planning.
Other purposes of evaluation:
- To enhance learning through diagnostic and remedial teaching.
- To assess both scholastic and co-scholastic aspects of learning.
- To improve academic achievements and students' motivation level.
- To find and diagnose learner's diverse learning needs for effective learning.
- To evaluate learner's achievement to bring improvement for meaningful learning.
Hence, it could be concluded that the purpose of evaluation is